Helen Mirren talks nudity and her career
Dame Helen Mirren has become a common sight in tabloid magazines, looking smashing at 60-something in a bikini. Long before paparazzi started tailing her on beach holidays, Morley Safer sat down with the British actress and talked about nudity in her golden years:
Dame Helen Mirren: "Oh, it gets better as you get older, Morley. You should try it."
Morley Safer: "Well, no, I'm..."
Dame Helen Mirren: "Yes, I think we should do this interview, both of us, in the nude. You'd love it. Go on."
Morley Safer: "What the hell...?"
Clearly, this was an unusual conversation for "60 Minutes," and it hasn't been available online until now. We at "60 Minutes Overtime" decided that this classic Morley Safer profile of Dame Helen Mirren deserved to be featured as our "60 Rewind" of the week.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Apple, Ireland, and the corporate tax rate problem
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Roger Waters: Why I left Pink Floyd
- Did she really just say that? Xin on democracy
- Who is Sue Mengers? Watch this 1975 interview