The hidden America
We sum up our economy with numbers: the Dow Jones Average, the unemployment rate, the price of a gallon of gas. During the country's recent recession, Scott Pelley and his "60 Minutes" team of producers and editors have worked to put faces in front of those numbers and tell the stories of the men, women, and children who have suffered in the economic decline.
Watch Scott Pelley's report.
"60 Minutes Overtime" talked with Pelley and producer Nicole Young about their passion for working on these stories and the unforgettable moments they've experienced along the way.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Apple, Ireland, and the corporate tax rate problem
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Bizarre love story of U.S. deserter in N. Korea
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Snake bite! A 60 Minutes shoot in Botswana
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- 60 Minutes' funniest moments with Adele