Marilu Henner's Super-Memory Summit
This week on "60 Minutes," Lesley Stahl reported on a very rare ability: to remember each day of your life as if it happened yesterday. It's called "superior autobiographical memory" and scientists have only identified a handful of people in the world who have it. One of them is actress Marilu Henner of "Taxi," oddly enough.
Marilu is an old friend of Lesley's, and in this "Overtime" video, produced by David Rubin, you'll hear the story behind the "60 Minutes" story. It's one you won't soon forget.
Do you think you might have superior autobiographical memory? Take the test. For each event in question, can you remember any details about your day?
1) What big sporting event occurred on Jan. 30, 1983?
2) What disaster occurred on March 24, 1989?
3) What happened on June 4, 1989?
4) On what date did Tiger Woods win the Master's Tournament?
5) The Chicago Bears defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX
on what date?
6) What day did Baby Jessica fall down the well?
7) On what date did the Queen Mother die at age 101?
8) Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the right knee on what date?
9) On Feb. 11, 1990 what historical event occurred?
10) When were the Beltway Snipers arrested?
Check out the results of the memory quiz!
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Bill Clinton tried to get Led Zeppelin back together
- Morley Safer's infamous 1993 art story
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- From soldier to mad scientist: Kit Parker's lab
- A chess prodigy explains how his mind works
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Modern-day Robin Hood inspired by 60 Minutes report
- "Searching for Sugar Man" wins Oscar
- Who is Sue Mengers? Watch this 1975 interview
- Interviews with Kony's child soldiers
- Jake: Hanging out with a teenage Einstein
- R.A. Dickey on the moment he hit rock bottom