Andy Rooney's Memorial Day wish
For Andy Rooney, Memorial Day isn't just another day off. It's the day he remembers Obie Slingerland and Bob O'Conner and Charley Wood. They were good friends of his, boys who died in World War II. But if Andy had his way, Memorial Day wouldn't just be about remembering the dead.
It would be dedicated to saving the lives of young people who are going to die in future wars.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Apple, Ireland, and the corporate tax rate problem
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Roger Waters: Why I left Pink Floyd
- Who is Sue Mengers? Watch this 1975 interview
- Sugar and kids: The toxic truth