Pelley on reporting the Lance Armstrong story
This week on "60 Minutes," Scott Pelley reports on one of the greatest athletes of all time: Lance Armstrong. The seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor has recently become the focus of a federal investigation into performance-enhancing drugs. As we learned in Pelley's report, a grand jury in Los Angeles has been hearing secret testimony from Armstrong's former teammates on the U.S. Postal Service team, and one of the prime witnesses is Tyler Hamilton.
Hamilton sat down with Pelley to tell his story in public for the first time, and it was a painful three hours for both men. In this video, Pelley tells "60 Minutes Overtime" editor Ann Silvio about the most difficult and surprising moments during the Tyler Hamilton interview. He also fills us in on the reporting behind the "60 Minutes" story, comments on the Armstrong legacy, and responds to critics of his report.
Did you watch Pelley's two-part report on Armstrong? What's your reaction?
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Snake bite! A 60 Minutes shoot in Botswana
- Interviews with Kony's child soldiers
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Taylor Swift: 7 ways boyfriends make you sad
- 1960: First televised presidential debate