Runaway wives: Have you ever been tempted?
The free-wheeling 1960's had come and gone. There just had to be more to life than doing laundry, raising a family and kissing the husband goodbye every day as he left for work. What's a housewife to do? How about just chuck it all and leave? According to this classic "60 Minutes" report, thousands of women were doing just that. Mike Wallace went to Seattle to visit one family divided, in a report loaded with rap sessions, women's lib, and the notion of just letting it all hang out.
What do you think of Wanda Adams' choice? Ever been tempted?
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Snake bite! A 60 Minutes shoot in Botswana
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- 1960: First televised presidential debate
- From soldier to mad scientist: Kit Parker's lab
- Bill Clinton tried to get Led Zeppelin back together