What Christ looked like
You know those religion-neutral "holiday greetings" aired by network TV every December? Back in the 60s, there wasn't any tip-toeing around the C-word. On Dec. 24,1968, "60 Minutes" aired this story about Christ's physical appearance, and correspondent Harry Reasoner dove right in with the opening line: Tomorrow is Christmas.
Reasoner mused on the question, What did Jesus Christ really look like? He searched for the answer in paintings, poems, and letters. For Christians who are dismayed by holiday tidings that "take the Christ out of Christmas," we present this classic piece, just in time for...(yes, we're really going to say it) Christmas.
- Drug traffickers' vehicle of choice
- Martorano: I'm a "government witness" not a "rat"
- Soccer academy La Masia: A model for the U.S.?
- Sagrada Familia: The construction zone tour
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Exploring the depths of Dean's Blue Hole
- Filming mountain climber Alex Honnold
- A surprise interview, explained
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- A chess prodigy explains how his mind works
- The original 60 Minutes story in HBO's "Game Change"
- Sugar and kids: The toxic truth