Can Facebook and Google Coexist?
For this week's Rewind, "60 Minutes Overtime" revisits ancient Internet history: 2005. DROID and the iPhone were just twinkles in some engineer's eye; Facebook was less than a year old and Gmail was still in Beta.
We found Lesley Stahl's report on Google to be fascinating. And not just because we work at "60 Minutes." The story is a snapshot that shows how fast-moving the Internet landscape really is.
Back then, Microsoft had a wary eye on Google. Today, Google is the giant, casting glances at its upstart rival Facebook. Will Google and Facebook co-exist peacefully? What might the NEXT five years bring? We want to hear what you think.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Apple, Ireland, and the corporate tax rate problem
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Roger Waters: Why I left Pink Floyd
- Who is Sue Mengers? Watch this 1975 interview
- Sugar and kids: The toxic truth