Introducing "60 Minutes Overtime"
A welcome to our viewers and readers:
Welcome to the premiere of "60 Minutes Overtime" - a site dedicated to telling good stories and great journalism. In the "60 Minutes" tradition, we will take you places you've never been, introduce you to the people you've always wanted to meet and along the way, we will pull the curtain back on the 43-year-old newsroom that is "60 Minutes."
"60 Minutes Overtime" is powered by the full staff of the television broadcast. Correspondents, producers, cameramen and editors will contribute every week, and this week is a perfect example.
Our first segment, called "Overtime Original", has correspondent Steve Kroft taking us behind the scenes to analyze New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees' competitive streak. He'll take you inside a Saints practice where Drew takes him up on a passing accuracy challenge that doesn't have an MVP kind of ending. The second segment, called "60 Rewind," looks at the first television broadcast of "60 Minutes." We talk to our executive producer, Jeff Fager, and Andy Rooney about what worked and what fell short in that historic telecast. And lastly, correspondent Lara Logan sits down with Ann Silvio (our online editor) to recount her long days, under relentless fire, along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. The story includes an interview with cameraman Ray Bribiesca who not only photographed those firefights - he was literally caught in the middle of one.
One of the things that we are excited about is starting a feedback loop with you. We look forward to your comments here on the page and via Facebook. So please let us know what you think and tell your friends and family about us if you like what you see. Rest assured we're busy shooting and editing for our next show.
Thanks again for looking in on us.
Co-Executive Producer, "60 Minutes Overtime"
Meet our team:
Jeff Fager, Executive Producer "60 Minutes"
Bill Owens, Executive Editor "60 Minutes"
Producing & Editing Team
Rebecca Chertok Gonsalves
E-mail your feedback, ideas, and letters to the editor at 60MinutesOT@cbsnews.com.
- MJ's "manifesto," penned in 1979
- Becoming human: Shin's new life
- Bill Gates on Steve Jobs: We grew up together
- Behind the scenes at a Taylor Swift concert
- Taylor Swift: All grown up
- Taylor Swift: 7 ways boyfriends make you sad
- Angelina Jolie: I would love to live a long life
- Married life in a tent. How do they do it?
- How Bill Gates' school launched his life's work
- Snake bite! A 60 Minutes shoot in Botswana
- Do you have trouble recognizing faces? Take a test
- Are you a "super-recognizer"? Take a test
- Steve Jobs: Family photo album
- Bill Clinton tried to get Led Zeppelin back together
- The anatomy of an interview with a serial killer
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian's "60 Minutes" interview