Watch a bridge blown up in slow-motion and super high-definition
(CBS News) In case you're wondering, your blogger here has been under the weather. But my dedication to getting great material on The Feed has no bounds, so I'm going to push through the pain in order to provide you the best material on the Internet, starting with this item above that hits close to home for me. Watch an old bridge get blown up in super slow-motion and super high-definition.
The bridge in question is the US 281 bridge in Marble Falls, TX, and one that I actually used to drive by and see all the time, having grown up in Texas and still having all of my family down there. The video was filmed on March 17th by YouTube user Kirk Drummond who writes:
Super slow motion video of the demolition of the Marble Falls bridge. Shot on Red Epic at 300fps. Blast lasted less than 1 second but at 300fps is lasts over 12 seconds. Check out the blast cord leading each blast and the shockwave that follows.
And because the only thing better than one video of a bridge being demolished in slow-motion is two videos of it, I've gone ahead and included another angle and perspective of it happening from YouTube user Ando22RE to make this post even more explosive for you.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see