The Feed's Friday Music Round-Up: Upbeat edition
(CBS News) While it may be snowy outside if you're in the Northeast like your blogger here, things are about to get nice and hot here on The Feed, because it's time for the Friday Music Round-Up! I decided this week that I need to project some positive thoughts out there on the world, and so have gone with an upbeat edition for the music. (Which actually ended up being a whole lot trickier than I originally anticipated.) We kick things off with Frank Turner's new single "Recovery" above.
I honestly can't get enough of this music video since watching it, and think it's an amazing first entry for an obviously very talented musician that I'll be watching. Really great job, Frank!
And up next, two major hit songs (one old and one new) recently got an amazing, music mashup performed live during the Australian radio show "Fifi and Jules". Watch Ed Sheeran and Passenger absolutely kill it with their take on "No Diggity" and "Thrift Shop" below.
This next one was definitely the trickiest to select. It seems that when you go for a more artistic mix of sights and sounds in music videos, they tend to be a bit more... serious? Depressing? Sad? (Something along those lines.) But after a long search, I think I was able to find the perfect mix of music and visuals to keep our upbeat theme going in the form of Foals' music video for their song "My Number" directed by Us below. Click play to paint, play and listen by numbers.
Finally, did you know my tastes in music run pretty wide? For instance, I saw Rush perform live not long ago, and they were absolutely amazing! And while 12-year-old Matt Luca, who recently performed at the Port Jefferson Middle School Talent Show, doesn't top them (that would be sacrilege to say!), he does pay them pretty epic tribute in our final video at the bottom.
Now hold on a second there! (Are you in some sort of big rush?) Like last week, we have a supplemental edition, music bonus for you from my colleague, Casey Glynn, that you can check out by clicking here (link to come) to keep the tunes coming today. On that note, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and keep coming back to The Feed for all your viral (and music) video needs!
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Chemistry into dubstep and music in the everyday
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Chupacabra Found?
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos