A poetic ode to basketball and streetball culture
(CBS News) I may not be the most gifted athlete, but I do understand the passion that drives many in sports (and absolutely love the book, movie and television series "Friday Night Lights"). So when I came across this poetic ode to basketball, specifically streetball culture, in the video above, it totally spoke to me. And will hopefully do the same for you once you click play and check it out.
The powerful Vimeo work entitled "This Is My Court" was created and directed by Jonathan & Josh Baker (aka a TWiN thing), and narrated by actor Michael Kenneth Williams (who played a prominent character on another series I love: "The Wire"). Recognizably set in New York City, it is a very fitting tribute to those who have a passion for the game and strive for more in their play every day. And to check out more great work from Jonathan & Josh Baker, be sure to visit their Vimeo page by clicking here.
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Chupacabra Found?
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- A cappella Justin Timberlake cover by Pentatonix