Friday Music Round-Up Showdown (Round 2 edition)
(CBS News) You know what they say, Goodman, save the best for last! Hello all and welcome to the second and probably superior Round 2 of The Feed's Friday Music Round Up (I'm not kidding there, Will). We're kicking it off with the fantastic music video for the song "Falling" by HAIM, which plays out like an episode of "Girls" that was directed by Wes Anderson where all the ones that aren't Lena Dunham get lost in the woods, go crazy and start doing a rain dance. It's amazing, gorgeous and the song is one of my current favorites.
Are you sick and tired of hearing "Thrift Shop" cover after "Thrift Shop" cover? Too bad! Our next video is a cover of "Thrift Shop," also known as that song that gets stuck in your head for entire weeks at a time driving you insane until you wonder if life even existed before "Thrift Shop." The good news is that this wonderfully jazzy cover by Postmodern Jukebox Band is probably the best one I've heard and sounds nothing like the original. It's vintage, or as some respected wordsmiths say: "grandpa style!"
This next video is our...Ding! Ding! Ding! FAN SUBMITTED VIDEO OF THE WEEEEEK! Wow, that sounded better when I shouted it out loud to my computer (The crime reporters LOVED THAT!). This video for "Dancing Shoes" by NYC-based band The Score was submitted for our consideration by Sara, who I'm going to go ahead and assume is a superfan of The Feed. The song is great, the video's visual effects are very cool and as a bonus it also includes lyrics for those who prefer to read rather than hear their music. So go ahead and give it a listen. Thanks again to Sara. Keep on being great, girl.
Our last and final video is a gem captured by a KMPH News reporter who was tailing through Northern California one of America's great folk heroes: Kai the hatchet wielding hitchhiker. To this day, no one can say for sure what drove Kai into that music store and into picking up that guitar. Perhaps dissatisfied with the mere title of "hero" and by his overly auto-tuned musical debut with the Gregory Brothers, he felt the urge to prove to the world that he was more than just a man with a hatchet. Whatever the reason, we are all grateful. Kai knocks it out of the park with one of his own original songs. And from that day forward he had a new name: Rockstar.
And that concludes Round 2 of our Friday Music Round-Up! I hope you enjoyed it (better than Round 1 which you can see by clicking here). As Will always says, please make sure to keep coming back to The Feed for all of your viral (and music) video needs. See you next week!
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze