"The Harlem Shake" phenomenon keeps going strong (with grandmas and military)
(CBS News) So your blogger here was out sick for a few days. No, no, thank you so much for the offer of chicken noodle soup and a warm blanket, but I'm feeling much better now. Getting back on track, coming off of both being sick and the weekend, I wondered if "The Harlem Shake" was still in full effect on the Internet after posting about it last week? The answer: Yup, still going strong. Don't believe me? Then watch two grandmas reinforce the point with our first video above.
I have to say, it just reinforces my premise that "The Harlem Shake" can bring families together (though it in the form of father-son bonding last time). The generational divide bridged through cultural phenomenon clip was posted by YouTube user Hank Rao who writes about it:
My two grandmas attempt to do their version of the Harlem Shake
And because I was out, I'm adding in this late item to the mix showing even the military jumping on to "The Harlem Shake" bandwagon. Watch a unit of the Army in Norway give the phenomenon its due in this crazy clip from YouTube user Kenneth Haakonsen below.
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Chemistry into dubstep and music in the everyday
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Kate Upton gets asked to prom by boy on YouTube
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls