Two first-person perspective thrill rides instead of coffee
(CBS News) There comes a certain point in the work day where your blogger here starts to fade. Like right now. And where a cup of coffee can usually suffice, if you happen to be in the same boat, how about we wake up with some vicarious thrill rides instead starting with the video above. I'd recommend watching in high-definition if possible. And definitely make sure to wear a helmet.
The video very accurately entitled "World's Most Dangerous Ride" was posted by YouTube user ARiemann1 who writes about the adrenaline rush journey:
One mistake and it's a free fall to your death. Motology's Adam Riemann rides one of the scariest Himalayan trails you'll ever see.
While I'm very happy to see this particular trail, I'm probably going to take a pass on ever experiencing it for myself. Just saying. And we've got another first-person perspective jolt for you below using a much more unusual form of transportation. Enjoy a fast-paced, downhill snow ride on a - wait for it - shovel! Yeah, that's right. A shovel. Go ahead and check it out.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil