A look at the best Guinness World Records in 2012
(CBS News) The year is coming to an end and New Year's Eve parties are starting in many cities across the country (and are already in full swing elsewhere). So with that in mind, let's take a look at some 2012 highlights in terms of record-making and -breaking with the video above.
The very slick compilation was posted by Guinness World Records who write about the video:
From Felix Baumgartner's incredible leap from the edge of space to Chandra Bahdur Dangi being declared the shortest man of all time, 2012 has been a truly amazing year for record breaking.
I've got to say, it's been a pretty sweet year in terms of records! For any who are curious, the young boy with the inspirational speech in the background comes from a previous post featured here on The Feed that you can check out by clicking here. And for more awesome videos from Guinness World Records, be sure to visit their YouTube page by clicking here. On that note, I hope everyone has a very happy New Year's and we'll see you back here at The Feed in 2013!
To wrap the year up, here's a compilation of some of the highlights from the past 12 months.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil