Mashup tribute to cassette tapes is magnificent
(CBS News) Did you hear the terrible news? The cassette tape is no more! Okay, I'll admit I haven't actually used a cassette tape in about a decade, but still... all of those amazing mixes I used to make and memories from my youth are gone now. Luckily, one group has decided to pay tribute to the end of an era with a magnificent "mixtape" of their own. You really need to see this one.
So I know I'm bad about using hyperbole sometimes (okay, often), but is that not just a magnificent piece of mashup music? Totally different in style and sound, but on par with another amazing mashup work we featured here on The Feed just last week, for that matter. The magnificent tribute to the cassette tape era is aptly entitled "The Mixtape" and was created by Ithaca Audio who write about it:
Celebrating 50 years of the cassette tape. The format that brought us mixtapes and the birth of home sampling culture.
16 track live mashup performed on a 23 year old Tascam 1" tape machine.
This wonderful work has without a doubt earned Ithaca Audio a big triple-rainbow salute of nostalgia and excellence in music mashups from all of us here at The Feed! And if you'd like to check out more work by Ithaca Audio, be sure to visit their Vimeo page by clicking here.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter