Check out a cheetah running in super slow-motion
(CBS News) The day is slowly but surely coming to an end, and as night settles in, now seems like the perfect moment for something soothing and contemplative. And what could say soothing and contemplative better than watching a cheetah running in super slow-motion? Nothing, that's what.
The simply stunning video entitled "Cheetahs on the Edge" was posted by Vimeo user Gregory Wilson who writes about the work:
Cheetahs are the fastest runners on the planet. Combining the resources of National Geographic and the Cincinnati Zoo, and drawing on the skills of a Hollywood action movie crew, we documented these amazing cats in a way that's never been done before.
Using a Phantom camera filming at 1200 frames per second while zooming beside a sprinting cheetah, the team captured every nuance of the cat's movement as it reached top speeds of 60+ miles per hour.
This work has without a doubt earned Gregory a big triple-rainbow salute of wonder and awe from us here at The Feed! If you'd like to learn more about the project be sure to click here and for more amazing work by Gregory Wilson you can click here to go to his website.
The extraordinary footage that follows is a compilation of multiple runs by five cheetahs during three days of filming.
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze