The Feed's Friday Music Round-Up before Thanksgiving
(CBS News) It's the last day of the work week with Thanksgiving on the horizon, and the weekend fast approaching fast. Which can mean only one thing here at The Feed: the Friday Music Round-Up! I'll be honest, this was a tough week for our major artist top spot. Which is so strange, because last week we felt compelled to put up two instead of the usual one. And just as I was about to give up and call it a day, I saw an impressive live performance by a band that the you (and the world) know all too well: Coldplay! Watch a live performance of "Paradise" above.
While I know for many it's not hip or cool to like a band once they become really, really, (really!) big... but, c'mon, people! That is a seriously great performance by Coldplay! Just saying.
Next up, we highlight an artist less-known than Coldplay, but by no means less in any other way. Check out the music video for the song "Teardrop Windows" by Benjamin Gibbard below, that actually hits on the idea of what it means to be hip and cool in music in a tongue-in-cheek way.
And we come to the portion of our music round-up where we focus on an item from our favorite people of all: you, the fans! This week, I've gone ahead and given my colleague and sounding board for the Friday Music Round-Up, Casey Glynn, the option of choice in recognition for all of her help. And she'll get absolutely no argument from me in terms of her selection. This artist held the top spot back in September, and I've mentioned my absolute love for her music over the decades... I present to you none other than the epic, awesome, multi-talented singer and songwriter: Aimee Mann! Watch her new music video for the song "Soon Enough" above.
And for our mix of auditory and aesthetic-focused music videos this week, we came across a wonderful collaboration between motion graphics artist Matthew DiVito and composer Aldo Arechar entitled "That Will Be The Day" that is, without a doubt, the perfect selection to highlight this spot. Watch audio and video come together in a beautiful way with their work below.
We finish this week's Friday Music Round-Up with an amusing ditty that is also (somewhat) an educational PSA from Metro Trains Melbourne. The song is entitled "Dumb Ways to Die", and it's exactly what you're thinking, but with a lot more cartoons and silliness (and also a great Tumblr blog of GIFs dedicated to it). I dare you to try and get the tune out of your head after listening.
And with that, I hope you all have an amazing weekend, are ready for a great Thanksgiving next week, and make sure to keep coming back to The Feed for all your viral (and music) video needs!
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see