Beautiful meditation on art, life, hope and salt
(CBS News) It's been some time since I've thrown out a think piece that allows a moment to pause and reflect. And they say there's no time like the present to take action, so let's all take a breath and watch the video above that is a meditation on art, life, hope and... salt. Yeah, salt.
A Japanese artist travels to the salt flats of western Utah to discuss life, death, rebirth, and making art from salt.
The mixture of sadness, beauty, self-discovery, hope and art taking place with the barren salt flats of Wendover, Utah as a backdrop come together so well in this insightful piece that is perfect for some calm and self-reflection in the hectic scramble of life. A wonderful piece of work on a truly fascinating artist. If you'd like to check out more work by Japanese artist Motoi Yamamoto be sure to click here and for more videos from The Avant/Garde Diaries click here to go to their website.
UPDATE: And if you're in the Los Angeles-area and interested in seeing Motoi's work, make sure to read the very helpful Comment below from "labandartgallery".
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Two humorous moments that end with people soaked
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute