Everyday commuters play Beethoven at a bus station in England
(CBS News) Just the other day we featured experimental music group CDZA finding an innovative way to engage kids in classical music. But it's not always just children who find it tough to engage in this historical musical medium. Which is why the fascinating project on display in the video above to get commuters at a bus station to play Beethoven on piano is wonderful to watch.
The rather thoughtful and very inspiring video was directed and posted by Anton Hecht, who writes about the unique public project and video:
We here at The Feed would like to take a moment to applaud all of the people involved in this amazing endeavor to expose everyday people to classical music in such a novel and fascinating way! And for more work by Anton Hech, you can visit his YouTube page by clicking here.
The work was created with commuters and passers-by from the Haymarket Bus Station in Newcastle UK. Most of the participants are non players, many had never touched a piano before, we just convinced them to donate a note or two. Thanks to all who participated. The work was funded by The Arts Council of England, and Nexus through their Art On Transport cheme, with support in kind from FACT Services Liverpool. and a special thanks to Tyneside Piano Company for agreeing to install a mini grande in the bus station. It was a great day, even though I was really worried how it would go. I was amazed excited people were to not only get involved but also to chat. Thanks to everyone and especially the [pianist] Andy Jackson of the Cobwebs orchestra
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat