Feel the calm wash over you with some slow-motion skateboarding
(CBS News) As Friday comes to an end, I always try to find something reflective to post and give us all a moment of pause and contemplation before the weekend. This is that post. Go ahead and take in the soothing sights and sounds of some awesome skateboarding done in slow-motion with the video above. I'd recommend watching in high-definition if at all possible.
So can you feel the calm wash over you? Or does this make you want to go out and board right now? Either way, an amazing piece of work that has your blogger here feeling totally relaxed and ready for the weekend, and I hope you all are feeling the same way, too. If you'd like to check out more work from Darren "Skapo" Dyk, you can visit his YouTube page by clicking here.
This was all filmed in about a 2 hour period a few days ago with Jason Bastian. Keep in mind he is actually regular stance, most of this was switch/nollie! We filmed it with a Sony FS700 at 480FPS. I'll tell you right now that I love this camera. Its so nice to have such a portable option for slow motion! (Haha It also helps that it didn't cost us $60k)
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music