Time again for The Feed's legendary Friday music round-up
(CBS News) Phew, it has been one heckuva' busy week! Has it been the same for you? Your blogger here is putting out the Friday music round-up a bit later than usual, but, well... it's still Friday, right? And thank goodness for that! So, to kick things off this week, we start with someone whose big sister may cast a pretty wide shadow on the music scene, but is an amazing talent in her own right with a very different style and sound that's all her own. Take a look and listen to the new music video for Solange's song "Losing You".
For those who don't know, Solange is the younger sister of Beyonce (who your blogger here actually went to high school with in Houston briefly). Her new music video is a soothing and soulful piece that has caught my attention and turned me into a fan, and I hope you all are now, too.
Next, we have two classical pieces with modern twists. First is a brand-new one from a favorite of The Feed, who have been featured here many times: ThePianoGuys! Their latest is a mind-blowing, mixed music cover of David Guetta's "Titanium" and Gabriel Faure's "Pavane".
And when I saw there was another great piece of classical music with a modern medium, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post both. I'm trying to bring the world some culture and help make classical music cool, again! Is that too much to ask? I'm so glad you all understand. Go ahead and watch Seth Gilliard (aka Seth G.) perform a violin rendition of Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend".
We turn now to a fan request for The Feed (which we hope to do more of). Two weeks ago we posted an amazing one in the form of an original piece by 18-year-old phenom, Dylan Woodley. This week is a more traditional request for a music video, and we happened to dig the request a lot. Go ahead and take a look at the music video for Langhorne Slim's "The Way We Move".
And in the myriad of our weekly music round-up, we try to find something interesting and cool, with a fascinating or unusual aesthetic to it. This week that video comes in the form of Michael Woods' new music video for "We've Only Just Begun" directed by Bison and edited by Vid Price.
And as you probably know, our final post is always going to be something a bit different. This week we find out an awesome actress has a talent that makes her even more impressive. Watch Anna Kendrick perform a phenomenal cup and song trick on "The Late Show with David Letterman".
And on that note, I hope you all enjoyed this week's Friday music round-up and definitely make sure to keep coming back to The Feed for all your viral (and music) video needs!
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Aussies and New Yorkers don't speak same language
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Kristen Schaal: hilarious smartphone spokeswoman
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Extreme meditation in mountain biking and travel
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- Chupacabra Found?
- Watch a baby sea lion come on a boat and cuddle