Take a two-minute trip across the Panama Canal
(CBS News) Ever wondered what it might be like to take a trek across the Panama Canal, but lack the time and money to do so? Well, if you've got just two minutes to spare, then wonder no more with the wonderful time-lapse video above. You remembered to bring your passport, right?
The slick time-lapse trip was posted by The California Maritime Academy who write:
Great job and props from all of us here at The Feed go out to Cal Maritime Cadet Ancil Hoffman for this fast and fun vicarious vacation video! And if you'd like to check out more videos from The California Maritime Academy, you can visit their YouTube page by clicking here.
Cal Maritime Cadet Ancil Hoffman, a class of 2013 mechanical engineering student, put together a great time-lapsed video of the Training Ship Golden Bear transiting the Panama Canal during Cal Maritime's 2012 Summer Training Cruise. 288 cadets and 57 officers and staff participated in the two-month international training voyage that spanned approximately 8,500 nautical miles. In addition to transiting the Panama Canal, the Golden Bear visited ports of call that included West Sacramento; Punta Arenas, Costa Rica; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and La Union, El Salvador.
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Cleveland hero Charles Ramsey gets a music remix
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- Watch a motorcycle trip from Alaska to Argentina