Get your learn on with some spinning magnets and repulsion
(CBS News) Have I ever mentioned that science can be fun? Oh, that's right, how silly of me: I mention it at least once or twice a week. And do you know why I do that? Because beyond being important to know more about in this world of ours, it is - wait for it - a lot of fun! Just watch the video above for some proof to reinforce my hypothesis. Things get real at about 2:10 into the clip.
The interesting, educational and fun video was posted by YouTube user Sixty Symbols and presented by Professor Roger Bowley of the University of Nottingham. So I've always been a believer in the Mary Poppins model of learning where a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. And so while the video is definitely a lot of fun to watch, did you also learn a bit about magnets and repulsion? Yes, yes you did. Mission accomplished. If you'd like to keep learning and see more videos from Sixty Symbols, you can visit their YouTube page by clicking here.
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Cleveland hero Charles Ramsey gets a music remix
- Chupacabra Found?
- World's longest tongue