Watch some Sage Grouse birds "strut their stuff"
(CBS News) I'll be honest: I had absolutely no clue what a Sage Grouse was before today. I even made sure to include the word "birds" in the headline for those like myself who had never come across this species. And as strange and foreign as they were to me going into the video, their "strutting" behavior and appearance only add fuel to the bizarre fire. You'll see what I mean.
So is it just me or do they kind of seem like a punk rock version of a peacock? No offense meant at all to the species, it's just the spiky tails feathers and dark coloring that bring the comparison to mind. What did you all think? Feel free to leave me some comment love below with your thoughts and possibly even experiences with Sage Grouse. And to check out more videos from the Bureau of Land Management in California, you can visit their YouTube page by clicking here.
This video was taken at the Mount Biedeman Wilderness Study Area in the Bodie Hills. The strutting grouse sound like coffee percolators. This is one of the larger leks; BLM wildlife crew counted 116 birds the day before.
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Chupacabra Found?