Watch some Sage Grouse birds "strut their stuff"
(CBS News) I'll be honest: I had absolutely no clue what a Sage Grouse was before today. I even made sure to include the word "birds" in the headline for those like myself who had never come across this species. And as strange and foreign as they were to me going into the video, their "strutting" behavior and appearance only add fuel to the bizarre fire. You'll see what I mean.
So is it just me or do they kind of seem like a punk rock version of a peacock? No offense meant at all to the species, it's just the spiky tails feathers and dark coloring that bring the comparison to mind. What did you all think? Feel free to leave me some comment love below with your thoughts and possibly even experiences with Sage Grouse. And to check out more videos from the Bureau of Land Management in California, you can visit their YouTube page by clicking here.
This video was taken at the Mount Biedeman Wilderness Study Area in the Bodie Hills. The strutting grouse sound like coffee percolators. This is one of the larger leks; BLM wildlife crew counted 116 birds the day before.
- "Get Lucky" with two excellent Daft Punk covers
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Slacklines replace clotheslines and extreme cycling
- Cat plays game of "boop" and kitten fed by bottle
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Baby needs to potty at the worst possible time
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Dog tricks that will turn any frown upside down
- Paula Deen Hit in Face with Ham
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Chupacabra Found?
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video