Follow-up to the amazingly complex LEGO device (that will blow you away again)
(CBS News) Back in April of 2011 we showed you an amazing (and amazingly complex) LEGO contraption, that didn't quite qualify as a Rube Goldberg device, but was worthy of a technological achievement in awesome. Well, it turns out the creator of that device continues to update and expand, so let's check out the latest iteration in the video above. Spoiler: it's still really awesome!
The incredible video was posted by YouTube user akiyuky who writes about the complex device:
Lego Great Ball Contraption (GBC) in my house.
my own 17 modules
tracking the blue and red balls.
running at 1.0 balls/sec
size : 1.5m X 6.5m
path length : 31m
So, yup, still mind-blowing, creative and crazy in all possible respects. Just a little more so now. A big triple-rainbow salute of excellence goes out to akiyuky from us here at The Feed for this contraption that continues to captivate! And if you'd like to learn more about it or the creator, you can go to his blog by clicking here (it's in Japanese, so I've applied Google translate to English).
construction time : 600 hours
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Aussies and New Yorkers don't speak same language
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- Extreme meditation in mountain biking and travel
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Kristen Schaal: hilarious smartphone spokeswoman
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- Watch a baby sea lion come on a boat and cuddle
- Chupacabra Found?
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest