Extreme athlete Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham pulls off 50-foot air jump in wheelchair
(CBS News) For those who have never heard of him, Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham is a young athlete who managed to adapt his wheelchair-bound disability into a "challenge accepted" state of mind, by learning how to perform extreme feats and tricks of the BMX and skateboarding variety. So with that in mind, check out this inspiring athlete take on his latest amazing challenge at the MegaRamp Rio contest in Brazil in the video above. And while I'd definitely recommend watching the entire process, the impressive accomplishment kicks in at about 2 minutes into the clip.
The stunt took place on August 25th, 2012 and was posted by Aaron Fotheringham who writes:
Seriously, Aaron truly has some amazing dedication, nerves of steel, undeniable skills and now, a major triple-rainbow salute of excellence from us here at The Feed for this inspiring feat. If you'd like too learn more about Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham, you can visit his website by clicking here.
my experiences thus far with the Mega Ramp, Never give up, keep trying, no matter how many times you come up short!
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze