Extreme athlete Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham pulls off 50-foot air jump in wheelchair
(CBS News) For those who have never heard of him, Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham is a young athlete who managed to adapt his wheelchair-bound disability into a "challenge accepted" state of mind, by learning how to perform extreme feats and tricks of the BMX and skateboarding variety. So with that in mind, check out this inspiring athlete take on his latest amazing challenge at the MegaRamp Rio contest in Brazil in the video above. And while I'd definitely recommend watching the entire process, the impressive accomplishment kicks in at about 2 minutes into the clip.
The stunt took place on August 25th, 2012 and was posted by Aaron Fotheringham who writes:
Seriously, Aaron truly has some amazing dedication, nerves of steel, undeniable skills and now, a major triple-rainbow salute of excellence from us here at The Feed for this inspiring feat. If you'd like too learn more about Aaron "Wheelz" Fotheringham, you can visit his website by clicking here.
my experiences thus far with the Mega Ramp, Never give up, keep trying, no matter how many times you come up short!
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Aussies and New Yorkers don't speak same language
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Extreme meditation in mountain biking and travel
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest
- Watch a baby sea lion come on a boat and cuddle
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- Tibetan Mastiff: the $1.5 million dog
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- See a force of nature shown in all its grandeur
- James Kingston climbs to (such) great heights