U.S. Army soldiers cover "Call Me Maybe" out of Afghanistan
(CBS News) It's another day and another "Call Me Maybe" cover. But this time the rendition of the Internet-favorite, song sensation comes from an unlikely place: Afghanistan. Check out some U.S. Army Infantry Soldiers giving the song you all know and (hopefully still) love their own unique take on it in the video above.
The endearing rendition of the summer hit song that keeps going strong was posted by YouTube user TheChuckfive who writes:
Well, we absolutely loved this fun and creative take (along with unusual location) of the music sensation, which has earned a big triple-rainbow salute of excellence from us here at The Feed! To check out more videos by TheChuckfive, you can visit his YouTube page by clicking here.
A cover of "Call Me Maybe" performed by US Army Infantry Soldiers in Kunar Province, Afghanistan. Original by Carly Rae Jepsen. Directed, filmed, and edited by the troops for the enjoyment of our families and the FRG back home. See you in just a few more months, and thanks for all your support!
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Chemistry into dubstep and music in the everyday
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Kate Upton gets asked to prom by boy on YouTube
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music