U.S. Army soldiers cover "Call Me Maybe" out of Afghanistan
(CBS News) It's another day and another "Call Me Maybe" cover. But this time the rendition of the Internet-favorite, song sensation comes from an unlikely place: Afghanistan. Check out some U.S. Army Infantry Soldiers giving the song you all know and (hopefully still) love their own unique take on it in the video above.
The endearing rendition of the summer hit song that keeps going strong was posted by YouTube user TheChuckfive who writes:
Well, we absolutely loved this fun and creative take (along with unusual location) of the music sensation, which has earned a big triple-rainbow salute of excellence from us here at The Feed! To check out more videos by TheChuckfive, you can visit his YouTube page by clicking here.
A cover of "Call Me Maybe" performed by US Army Infantry Soldiers in Kunar Province, Afghanistan. Original by Carly Rae Jepsen. Directed, filmed, and edited by the troops for the enjoyment of our families and the FRG back home. See you in just a few more months, and thanks for all your support!
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest
- Chupacabra Found?
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- A cappella Justin Timberlake cover by Pentatonix