Some interesting thoughts on whether college is "worth it"
(CBS News) So your blogger here actually did go to college and has the student loans he's still paying off to prove it. That and a degree, of course. But in this time period of an often tough job market and expensive tuition, many people have been asking the question of whether college is still "worth it", which is definitely a tricky one to answer. So how about we all check out one person's interesting thoughts on the matter to help fuel or quell the fire of this ongoing debate. Go ahead and take a look and listen.
The insightful YouTube video was done by John Green of the popular VlogBrothers who writes:
What I like is that John manages to approach the myriad of negatives that come with pursuing an higher education, but still seems to come out on the side of "worth it" in the end. Which, despite my aforementioned ongoing student loans, I have to say I'm in agreement with. But what do you all think? Worth it or waste of time and money? Leave me some comment love below with your own thoughts and experiences. And to check out more work from the VlogBrothers, you can visit their YouTube page by clicking here.
In which John ponders whether a college degree is worth the high tuition, student loans, opportunity cost, and low-paying entry-level positions involved. Is the cost involved worth the returns? Is this even a simple economic question, or are there intangible benefits that come along with education?
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Some fun with soda, slow motion and ice cubes
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- The Feed's Music Round-Up: totally late edition
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Chupacabra Found?
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- A cappella Justin Timberlake cover by Pentatonix