NASA astronaut Don Pettit demonstrates what yo-yos look like in space
(CBS News) I'm sure like myself, most of you probably have some pretty random and bizarre questions hit you from time to time. Luckily we live an era where a quick Google search will often answer most of these queries. However, if you've ever happened to wonder what yo-yos might look like in space, you've been out of luck... until now. Can you guess where this post is going?
That's right - to space! NASA astronaut Don Pettit recently decided to take a little of his off-duty time to demonstrate his "microgravity yo-yo skills" and post it on YouTube for all of us to see. And it turns out that when you drop gravity from the equation, you end up with a whole new array of fun tricks to show off (and "around the world" takes on a whole new meaning). A big triple-rainbow salute goes out to Don Pettit from all of us here at The Feed for this fun and fascinating demonstration with a little physics education thrown in for good measure!
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos