Is this the new world record for highest standing jump?
(CBS News) While many of us are avidly watching the Olympics right now, the world-wide event well-known for smashing records left and right every four years, a new world record may have just been created right here on the Internet for the highest standing jump. Okay, posted right here on the Internet, but you know what I mean. Look, let's stop quibbling over the way I phrased that and just check out the awesome above video, okay?
The video leads to some obvious questions, such as is this going to be the new world record in highest standing jump? And can your blogger here even jump half of that incredible height? (Spoilers: possibly and probably not). Props go out to "Coach Kevin B" from all of us here at The Feed for this amazing athletic feat!
Performed at CrossFit Lake Country, Hartland, WI, thanks to Travis and the athletes and coaches at CrossFit Lake Country for the support and letting me be a part of the group, you guys are great.
Current Guinness World Record for Highest Standing Jump is 58.27" by Jonas Huusom of Denmark, set in August 2011.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside