Meet E.T. the Whistlin' Walrus
(CBS News) You know that old song "Anyone Can Whistle"? Apparently, that applies to walruses. Just watch.
Hailing from the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in beautiful Tacoma, WA., E.T., the whistlin' walrus seen above, just turned thirty years old. E.T. was born off the coast of Alaska before being discovered as an orphaned pup by oil workers and given his "movie star" name. (This was 1982, after all.) He cracks the scales at over 3,400 pounds and is also the star of Point Defiance's aquarium. And with a voice like that, it's no surprise!
Seriously though, this video made me laugh out loud. I will now spend the rest of the day practicing my walrus sounds. Hey, anyone can walrus.
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler