"View from the ISS at night" shows the beauty of Earth from space
(CBS News) Breathtaking, spectacular, beautiful. It's hard to find the words to describe the scene in this video. A compilation of several cameras on the International Space Station showing the Earth at night, perhaps it's best to let the images speak for themselves.
We can thank photographer Knate Myers for this awesome video. As Myers explains: "Every frame in this video is a photograph taken from the International Space Station. All credit goes to the crews on board the ISS."
It's a majestic vista, showing not only the beauty of our planet but also the ability of the human race to achieve extraordinary things. The awesome score from John Murphy certainly doesn't hurt either.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you