Marines cover "Call Me Maybe"
(CBS News) Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" is the gift that keeps on giving. We've featured covers of the pop super-smash before, but we're not the only ones hooked. A Marine unit in Afghanistan is getting in on the fun with this truly awesome cover. We already knew our men and women in uniform are courageous. But it must take a special kind of bravery to have your sergeant screaming "It's hard to look right at you, baby," in your face without cracking up.
This video comes courtesy of photographer Eric Raum. On his blog, Raum praises the Marines' willingness to play along, as well as their attention to detail. He writes: "We showed up in the afternoon, and in true Marine fashion, everyone patiently listened, paid close attention, and within 30 minutes, had the dance down."
Raum goes on to explain the motivation behind this fantastic clip:
I wanted to note here that this didn't cost anything to make, was filmed on a lunch break, and had a great impact on the morale of not only the service members in the video, but those we've shared it with since. It is important to take a break and have some fun every once and a while, whether you're back in the states hanging with friends and family, or serving your country under the unrelenting Afghanistan sun.
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute