Cover of Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City's new song "Good Time"
(CBS News) Do you remember the band Owl City? Sure you do. They were the ones who had the 2009 smash hit "Fireflies" that was played all the time back then. One might say it was the "Call Me Maybe" of 2009. Which transitions perfectly into the above video - much like the many, many covers that have come from "Call Me Maybe", there is already one out now for the very recent collaboration between Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen entitled "Good Time". Geez, that was fast! Go ahead and take a listen.
The cute cover of "Good Time" was also a collaboration between musicians Alex Goot and Against The Current. And we loved it! Maybe even more than the original... Just saying. What do you all think of this latest song? Is it going to be the new "Call Me Maybe" or "Fireflies" this year? And will this be the first of many covers we're going to see hit the Internet? Leave me some comment love below with your thoughts. I'm still undecided, but it's kinda nice to see Owl City back in action. And to check out more music from Alex Goot click here and from Against The Current click here.
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze