Taking it old school with a great acoustic rendition of Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise"
(CBS News) The year was 1995 and Michelle Pfieffer was starring in a movie about a teacher trying to reach a group of troubled youths. And while much of the movie has faded from this blogger's memory, one things has remained: Coolio's legendary song "Gangsta's Paradise". So let's take an almost two-decade long trip down memory lane and listen to the song in a new way.
The acoustic performance of the hit song was done by English singer and songwriter James Morrison for the Australian radio duo "Fifi and Jules". And what do we here at The Feed think of this rendition? Riveting! Amazing! While nothing can ever take away from the brilliance that is the original, this is a truly beautiful and unique performance. And that's my humble opinion. Just saying. To check out more from James Morrison, you can visit his website by clicking here.
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Watch stunning visuals mesh with a slick sound
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week