Unique covers of some of the biggest songs this year
(CBS News) There have been songs this past year that just won't go away. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, as they have actually been pretty catch. So let's look at three songs you know all too well being covered by talented artists in ways you won't recognize. Kicking things off we have Ben Howard doing a rendition of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" on BBC Radio1. This is the part where you hit play.
I love his take on the song, and with the exception of the lyrics, it is totally transformed by the performance and play style. Way to go with this unique rendition, Ben! Next up below is Kawehi doing a unique take on Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know". Wait for it... okay, now you can click play.
Soulful, sad and hauntingly beautiful. Another amazing take on a song that has dominated the radio waves. And another performance worthy of congratulations from us here at The Feed!
And finally, we have LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It". The song is known for its upbeat sound, crazy performance and rather unusual attire. But what happens if you take all that away... and also make it British. Check out Brett Domino's take on last summer's hit that keeps on giving. Hope you all enjoy!
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Chupacabra Found?
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos