Two fascinating and bizarre cases of "what happens when?"
(CBS News) The title may seem a bit ambiguous, but will totally make sense in a moment. Basically we've got two bizarre and fascinating videos that play out the question of "what happens when?" First up: what happens when waste is dropped into a volcanic lake? Watch and see.
Totally crazy, right? And while we're obviously not fans of garbage being dumped into any kind of lake, this particular experiment was actually done rather safely as poster Photovolcanica writes:
The test was performed with a box of camp waste (largely food rests) in a bin bag. Estimated weight 30kg, Size 60x60x60cm. Fall height, about 80m. The lake reacts with violent lava fountaining activity, presumably in part due to steam produced from the organic matter.
And next on our exploration of the bizarre: what happens when an egg is cracked underwater? Just check out the amazing video below by The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences to find out.
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Cleveland hero Charles Ramsey gets a music remix
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Disguised Jeff Gordon test drives car with salesman
- Chupacabra Found?