This one-minute vacation is almost as good as the real thing
(CBS News) I was literally talking to a friend this afternoon about how badly I could use a vacation abroad. And then I saw this video and all was suddenly right with the world. Check it out.
The fascinating YouTube video entitled "One Minute Vacation" was posted by Kevin Kelly who writes about it:
I took a one-second clip each day on a two-month trip in Asia during April & May 2012. On a few days I just had to do an extra second, so this video is actually 90 seconds long. I was inspired by Ceasar Kuriyama's one-second-per-day life summary. Since it was only one second per day I filmed it on my Lumix still camera; edited on iMovie. This is all the video I took. There is no more; but there are stills. I'll eventually put them on my site at www.asiagrace.com. -- Kevin Kelly
Don't get me wrong, I could still use a vacation. But the video definitely helps me to live it out vicariously for a moment (or minute and a half to be exact). And that's what the Internet is all about, right? To check out more work by Kevin Kelly, you can visit his YouTube page by clicking here.
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Fun with humor and music from YouTube Comedy Week
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam