Sports teams go head-to-head with "Call Me Maybe" covers
(CBS News) So first there was the Harvard Baseball team doing a fun cover of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" and I laughed, but honestly thought it was just a "one off". Now the SMU Women's Rowing team has joined the fray with their own spin on the original video and I'm thinking we may have something of a trend starting here. Check it out.
From fists to feet, the ante has definitely been upped. The video was posted by YouTube user creepyskulls1313 who write:
Ball's in your court, Harvard Baseball
So will Harvard Baseball respond to the challenge? Will others join this sports and music mayhem? Only time will tell... but I think this is a game we will all end up winning! Props and a big triple-rainbow salute go out to both Harvard Baseball and SMU Rowing from The Feed for their amazing videos. And for those who missed the original Harvard Baseball video, I'm including it below.
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Two humorous moments that end with people soaked
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute