Expert butcher shows just how a pig is taken apart (vegetarians be warned)
(CBS) - First off, if you're a vegetarian, vegan or have an aversion to seeing where meat comes from, this is probably not the post for you. With that out of the way, check out this fascinating video of an expert butcher showing how a pig is taken apart.
The Vimeo video was posted by Open Air Publishing who writes:
Expert butcher Tom Mylan takes apart a pig side, right down to the belly (used to make slab bacon).
I don't know about you, but I was mesmerized from start to finish while watching Tom Mylan demonstrate the process of where each cut of pork comes from. The video is just an excerpt from "The Better Bacon Book", which you can learn more about by clicking here.
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Chupacabra Found?