OK Go's new music video "Needing/Getting" rocks my socks off
(CBS) - From the first moment we saw this band running on treadmills and their music kicked in, we have loved them: check out OK Go's new music video for their song "Needing/Getting". It will be sure to rock your socks off all over again.
Seriously amazing stuff! The band writes about their latest work:
The new music video from OK Go, made in partnership with Chevrolet. OK Go set up over 1000 instruments over two miles of desert outside Los Angeles. A Chevy Sonic was outfitted with retractable pneumatic arms designed to play the instruments, and the band recorded this version of Needing/Getting, singing as they played the instrument array with the car. The video took 4 months of preparation and 4 days of shooting and recording. There are no ringers or stand-ins; Damian took stunt driving lessons. Each piano had the lowest octaves tuned to the same note so that they'd play the right note no matter where they were struck.
If you'd like to check out a behind-the-scenes on how this video was made, you can click here to go to OK Go's website and watch. And just for fun, I'm going to include their treadmill-running hit "Here It Goes Again" below so you can all watch, listen and reminisce.
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- Weekend Music Round-Up: creative and dance edition
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Fun with zombie parkour and first-person skiing
- Lightning strikes one of the world's largest planes (VIDEO)
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teaser for YouTube Comedy Week
- Watch stunning visuals mesh with a slick sound
- Two cases of weird and wacky in the great outdoors