Slowed-down Nicki Minaj sure sounds a lot like Jay-Z
(CBS) - Nicki Minaj is an artist with an incredibly mutable voice. She can go from spit-fire to flirt all within the same line. But slow down her songs and you get something very interesting. Take this slo-mo version of Minaj's hit "Super Bass." She sounds an awful lot like Jay-Z, doesn't she?
It may not hold up for the whole song, and it may be all in our head, but Nicki sure does sound like Hova in parts. It makes sense that two New York City hip-hop stars would have similar styles. Imagining Jay-Z saying, "I am Nicki Minaj," has had us cracking up all morning.
Credit goes to the fine folks at Reddit for pointing out this hilarious similarity.
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Bear chasing man up a tree is totally surreal to see
- See Google Glass through the eyes of a toddler
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- An amazing mashup of music in just one minute
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Two humorous moments that end with people soaked
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore