Slowed-down Nicki Minaj sure sounds a lot like Jay-Z
(CBS) - Nicki Minaj is an artist with an incredibly mutable voice. She can go from spit-fire to flirt all within the same line. But slow down her songs and you get something very interesting. Take this slo-mo version of Minaj's hit "Super Bass." She sounds an awful lot like Jay-Z, doesn't she?
It may not hold up for the whole song, and it may be all in our head, but Nicki sure does sound like Hova in parts. It makes sense that two New York City hip-hop stars would have similar styles. Imagining Jay-Z saying, "I am Nicki Minaj," has had us cracking up all morning.
Credit goes to the fine folks at Reddit for pointing out this hilarious similarity.
- Clever cat opens five doors in a row to go outside
- Sea lion shows concern after little girl falls
- Two humorous moments that end with people soaked
- How to become a YouTube star (with "epic montage")
- Teen with rare bone cancer inspires through music
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Daft Punk music medley is an epic mix and tribute
- See swift hummingbirds shown in super slow-motion
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Cat won't be trying to eat fish in aquarium anymore
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze