Little girl unloads on toy industry's double standard
(CBS) - Girls like superheroes too! That's the lesson in this educational video, where a young girl named Riley rails against the toy industry's marketing practices. "The companies that make these try to trick the girls," Riley tells us.
Now that the holiday shopping is over, it's important to take a good hard look on just how all the toys we buy our daughters and sons are packaged. Boys like pink stuff sometimes too!
Riley, who is clearly wise beyond her years, makes some good points about the packaging of toy manufacturers. But with the next holiday shopping season so far away, let's take this less as an indictment of Big Toy and more as motivation for all of us (especially you, toy marketers) to do a better job in the new year.
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- 4-year-old girl likely knows comics better than you
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Time Lapse: Death Valley
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Fascinating footage after grizzly bear eats camera
- Time Lapse: Montreal by Winter
- Bluegrass rendition of Daft Punk's "One More Time"
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos