"Murmuration" shows a fascinating and rare phenomena in nature
(CBS) - The phenomena of "murmuration", when huge flocks of birds ("starlings" to be exact) in migration form shape-shifting flight patterns, is a truly amazing wonder to behold. So let's all watch it happen in the video above. The phenomena gets phenomenal at about 50 seconds into the clip.
The video was posted by Vimeo user Sophie Windsor Clive who writes about the experience:
A spectacular sight to watch unfold - thank you so much to Sophie for sharing this wonderful video with us and the world!
A chance encounter and shared moment with one of natures greatest and most fleeting phenomena.
- Super slow motion pistol shrimp attack is explosive
- Adorable 2-year-old sings Pearl Jam
- Time Lapse: Peru & Bolivia
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- Cats strutting their stuff and living large
- 2-year-old girl adorably nails cover of Pearl Jam
- Dead Giveaway: Ohio hero Charles Ramsey gets "songified"
- Are you my mom? Orphaned pig adopted by mother cat
- "Harlem Shake:" The latest Internet craze
- Sights and sounds of Morocco through time-lapse
- "Raining Spiders" in Brazil
- YouTube marks birthday with music, comedy and cats
- Add moments of beauty and serenity to your day
- Internet's best marriage proposal videos
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Chupacabra Found?