Rockstep redux: Pinn Panelle covers Skrillex's "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites"
(CBS) - We've written before about the art of transforming electronic music into a live performance. Most DJ's spend hours hunched over a laptop crafting their tunes, and it might not seem like those beeps, bloops and screeches can be replicated with physical instruments. Here to prove us wrong is the band Pinn Panelle and their cover of Skrillex's "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites."
As the band makes clear in the video description, "There are no sequences, or backing tracks playing behind the band. All wobbles are live." Well done, dudes.
Check out Pinn Panelle's website HERE for more dope covers as well as original tunes.
- Jackie Chan picked a fight with Bruce Lee (and lost)
- Sea lion pup jumps on boat, cuddles with driver
- "Robot cat" blends everything the Internet loves
- Learn how to fold a shirt in under two seconds
- Aussies and New Yorkers don't speak same language
- Cute babies enjoying the simple things in life
- Seven ways to open wine bottle without corkscrew
- 60,000 people sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at concert
- Extreme meditation in mountain biking and travel
- Joe Jonas responds to dance invite with sexy video
- Kristen Schaal: hilarious smartphone spokeswoman
- 13-year-old Scottish boy sings and blows us away
- Watch: Kitten born with 2 heads in Oregon
- Watch a baby sea lion come on a boat and cuddle
- Time-lapse: Mount Everest
- Chupacabra Found?